Sunday 11 December 2011

My sis in law got offended because I stood up for her?

Was I wrong for telling some random guy she barely knows at a dance club, they came together then next thing you know hes over there freaking another girl. I went up to him and said ';hey my sis law is waiting for you!!'; and he was like okay. Then I went up to him and told him I thought he was being disrespectful to her by dancing with another girl. He grabs me by the arm and pulls me and tells me to dance with him, my husband raised hell and told him to not touch me and they almost started a fight, but they didn't because all his friends came and he backed out. My husband told me to stay out of it but I was a little tipsy and at the end my sis in law said that I was blowing things out of proportion and that I was being dramatic, left with the guy and 2 weeks later decides to text me how I'm doing? Me and her were really close almost best friends, I'm really hurt because I meant good and she made me look bad in front of friends and made me look like I was acting like a drunk girl. Who's wrong here? Should I just not ever speak to her again?



This girl is my husbands sister.My sis in law got offended because I stood up for her?
Your husband is right, you should have stayed out of it. It wasnt your business to approach him. If anything, you could have asked your SIL if she was OK with what was going on.My sis in law got offended because I stood up for her?
This is why I have learned that if I'm going to drink at a bar/club, I better sit my @ss at a table and only get up if I need another drink.
To all who answer this question - over/under on this woman's marriage lasting 3 years?

I got 5$ on the under.
Well, I will have to agree with your sister in law on this one. If she felt that he was being disrespectful then she would've taken care of it herself or ASKED you to do something. She did neither. She is a big girl, let her take care of things. Let it be in the past, learn from it and move on,
I reaaaalllly like you so I am saying this with good intention...



YOU made HER look bad and you WERE a drunk girl. You should have apologized... don't hate me!
';she made me look bad in front of friends';



Nope, you did that on your own.
Your sister in law is a full-grown adult who can take care of herself. It's nice that you wanted to be chivalrous, but she didn't need it. You should have butted out. Now, you need to forgive and forget and let this whole misunderstanding go by the wayside like the trivia that it is.
well you shouldnt want your sister in law to go home with some guy from the club. i know you care about her but you probobly should have just let it go. if she is over it then you should be too, you can be friends again
A buck on %26lt;3yr (... that's $100 not $1)



..

Why are you meddling in these trivial things?



If you are too controlling and jealous to allow your spouse, much less some random dude, to dance with someone else don't go to a club.



Bizarre. What is this, Rhythm Infidelity?
So she just met some guy and decided to go to the bar toghether and he wasn't 'her guy'. They weren't exclusive and nothing has been said about being so. You butted in where you had NO idea what the relationship was. The sister in law was just letting you know that it was ok for him to be dancing with other women. In the future, BUTT out, and enjoy her friendship. She obviously is not still mad at YOU for humiliating HER so get OVER it.
you might have blown it out of proportion a little bit. i give you props for standing up for her, even if you were drunk.. but she might have just been embarrassed by the whole thing and you know how girls get when you embarrass them. if she doesn't bring it up then i don't see a reason to be mad at her for it. what would you have done in her shoes? would you have gone with the guy that you were dancing with, or the ';drunk'; girl who was yelling at him?
I think you overreacted. If she barely knows this guy, what does it matter if he was dancing with another woman? If he was her husband it would be different.
I really have nothing except an appreciation for your story telling ability.



I wish I could have seen this.

No comments:

Post a Comment