Sunday 11 December 2011

Should I accept his offer or no?

I'm 12. My school has a formal dance coming up, and a really sweet guy asked me to go with me. No, no, no, it's not like we're dating or anything, he's just a good friend. I'm in the grade 6, and no one really dates, but some do. My sister started dating at 16. Am I too young? I think I'm ready, but I don't really want to tell my parents. Should I accept his offer? Yes or No? Why? And should I tell my parents? They'd freak!





ALSO, he didn't ask me OUT, did he? Just to a dance, right? And no, it's not the type of thing when he'd come and pick me up, we'd meet there. But what would we DO? How would that differ from just saying no? We'd still dance, but....





Yes, my dances are lame. :)


Experience please?Should I accept his offer or no?
Wow, this is a lot of questions.





1. You are too young to date, but going to a dance with a boy is perfectly fine. He obviously thinks your cute, and wanted to spend a night with you (not in a bad way!)





2. You should definitely accept his offer - it's great experience, prepping you for entrance to the boyfriend world. It's a very innocent thing to do, and you'll both be happy.





3. There's nothing wrong with telling your parents. They know it probably won't turn into anything big, and will probably think it's cute. I'm not trying to degrade your relationships or anything, but you are pretty young.





4. He didn't ask you out - yet. He wants to see if you like him, which was a pretty good move. By saying yes, you think he's a nice guy and wouldn't mind going to a dance with him.





5. At a dance, especially in 6th grade, it pretty much goes like this: you stand with your friends in one spot, he stands with his friends in another, and you keep glancing at each other not knowing what to do. Then a slow song comes on, you get really nervous, and he comes over and asks you to dance, and all your friends giggle and crowd around you and think it's adorable. Then the song ends, you smile at each other, and either keep talking or go back to square 1.





6. I really think you should do it - it happened to me a lot when I was in middle school, and I really enjoyed it. It's nothing serious, it's just really fun to be flirty and start experimenting. Good luck!!!Should I accept his offer or no?
Just go with a group of friends, and if you happen to see him at the dance, go dance with him. 12 is too young to start dating, usually girls are still at that stage where it's like ';eww omg boys are gross'; but I'm surprised because you sound pretty mature.





And no, he technically didn't even ask you out, so just have fun and don't worry about dating
I dont see anything wrong with going to a dance with someone or meeting them there and I wouldn't really call that an 'official' date.


How old is the guy?? I am going to assume he is your age or close to it.


I would just relax and enjoy the dance......


And why wouldn't you tell your parents that some cute guy asked you to go with him??? What is wrong with that....??? It's not an official date and I would agree you are too young for that...but you AREN'T BLIND and you do know a cute boy when you see one . :)


Good Luck
he probably likes you. in 6th grade (i'm in 8th) no one took any dances seriously. He will see it as a date if he likes you. ask him what he means to avoid confusion. Tell your parents you are going to hang out with a friend. that's what you'll do. you'll dance, talk, eat, nothing serious.


all our dances sucked too!





good luck.
i always used to go to dances with my good friends. he probably likes you a little more and your parents would understand if you reasurred them that he was just a really good friend! and if he asked you, maybe he's trying to see if anything else between you two could happen! and obviously you dance! it's fun! slow dancing isn't even that weird with your friends. have a good time!
It's not a date unless he or you specifically said it was one. I don't think you're too young to date. In my opinion, it's depends on a person's maturity about it and you seem pretty mature enough to understand all this. However, you should tell your parents and try to stress enough that this isn't exactly a date, you're just going to a dance with a friend and he is a boy. If you want to accept his offer, you should. It's your choice. He sounds like a ';really sweet guy';, so I would say yes.


Oh, ask your friend to make sure it's not a real date. If it is, then decide whether or not you like him back. If not, then it's like a regular hang out with your friend. Talk to them, dance if you want to, and do whatever you want.
Yer accept the poor guys offer cose if you reject him he will be embarrased in front of his mates trust me ive seen it doneto a good mate of mine





You are old enough to date





not to get serious tough





just chill out , or as you americans say Hang Out
Forget that guy! find yourself a nice 8-10 year old u can boss around and feed u grapes in the shade!
say yes if you like him. i dont think your too young because im 12 and in the 6th grade too and i've had my first boyfriend this year. and just relax when your with him or go in a group of friends. and you can tell your parents if you want, its not like hes asking you to go to his house after.. err something like that (:
You should go, it is good to start early dating and get over all the weirdness. Have fun and he will also. It doesn't have to be anything more than a dance, but it can be if you both want it to be. Good luck with your choices.


I would tell your parents, they would not freak, it would make them smile in the end and prepare them for you growing up also.

No comments:

Post a Comment