Thursday 28 October 2010

How can I trust my girlfriend after several lies?

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 1 year and 9 months ... and she hasn't lied to me (not any that I know of) for several months, but her past lies still haunt me today. This started off on our third or fourth month together when she went to high school prom. I didn't attend because she went to a different school and I knew high school prom was just a waste of money (supposedly for memories) and has nothing but hormone crazed teenagers dancing sexually. Well I asked my girlfriend not to freak dance with her date or other men and she did ... and since then I have felt uncomfortable. I was angry at her and threatened to leave her if she did that again. Following this were several more lies, such as drinking with other guys present after I ask her not to, or freak dancing again at clubs. One incident came up where I had this gut feeling she was hiding stuff from me again after she got back from the club, and I pretended that I saw a picture on her friend's myspace of her dancing provocatively with some other guy. At first she had a quizzical reaction such as ';Huh?';, ';What picture? Where?';, ';Who?'; then later she admits that she was indeed dancing with some guy from her club at her college campus. This frustrates me, and even if it has been over 4 months of her not lying, or at least none that I know of, she still goes clubbing and attends late night house parties. It eats me up inside wondering what she's doing but I try to set my mind away from it by playing video games. I don't know what I'm going to do ... were on good terms right now and I promised her that I wouldn't bring the past back up as it tends to frustrate her as well as me. I don't mean to be controlling, but when it comes to lying and keep things from me, I feel that I need to control what's going on. For our sake, I don't go clubbing or drink with other women. I've often been invited to house parties or to go clubbing but since I'm uncomfortable with my girlfriend doing this, I don't go. What should I do about my current relationship? How do I know if she's still keeping things from me? She lives 4 hours away from me and I can't be present at all these little festivities she attends.How can I trust my girlfriend after several lies?
I'm no expert but i can speak from experience,I've been there. It doesn't get any better, one lie leads to another to cover up the last one and so on,the thing is she knows that you want to believe in her, and she knows that she has gotten away with it in the past,and now she feels no guilt in telling you what you want to hear,I don't know how old she is and if this is something she has done in past relationships,I do know that lying is a flaw in that person character,and she begins to believe in her own lies. Once the trust is in question it never goes away I thing that your sub conscience keeps reminding you of her lying to you is a way for you to keep your guard up so that the next time she tells you a story (and she will) it doesn't hurt as bad as the previous time or the time before that, My advise to you is get out before that pain in your heart becomes numb and you start to believe that is normal, Trust is something that is earned and not something that can ever be as strong as it was before the first time she lied. There's a snog by Linkin Park that goes '; a little piece of paper with a picture drawn floats on down the street till the wind is gone and the memory now is like the picture was then when the paper's crumpled up it can't be perfect again' How can I trust my girlfriend after several lies?
shes going to do what she wants and she is probably lying to you still. drinking leads to other things......be careful.
You seem to like her a lot. So, do what you feel is right so you won't have any regrets later. Tell her to be honest with you or else...That's the least you deserve. If she doesn't make you happy, someone else will.
without reading details i can answer your question: how do guys ignore the trash that hasnt been taken out? how does a guy ignore the toilet paper roll is empty and wont replace it? how does a guy ignore a woman he's not attracted to? how does a guy ignore anything that he doesnt like or doesnt want to do?



you can control most inanimate objects, but not people.
i know how you feel mate. i went through this. i also dislike going out clubbing or for drinks and have always been invited to join my friends. and i hope that she would be the same way. plus we are in a long distance relationship. the thing is, for a relationship to work both party have to play their part. never do stuff that would hurt your partner. its good that you don't but i know what it felt like when you saw the pictures. talk to your girlfriend, thats the best you can do. don't control her life, it would make it worst. tell her if she wants to club, dance with her girlfriend. tell her you hurt when you saw that picture. she should understand, if not, she isn't worth your time. i knw its hard to accept but if she still does dance sexually with other guys, i guess its better if you break up since you can't take it. i'm not blaming you rite? i feel the same way.



good luck mate



cheers


first off....you need to be the guy that she is freak dancing with...so go dance with her....and second...maybe she shouldnt be drinking and dancing if she has a boyfriend that she cares a lot about and she knows that she is a loose drunk. thats just my opinion.
she's clearly not your type. You don't like club girl, look at you...you dont seems to be a party guy as well. My advise is talk from heart to heart of what you expected out of her, she should know you well already. Is she kept on doing stuff you dont like, she simply doesn't care.
If shes lying too much, than ditch her bro. Honesty is 2 wat street, and its obvious shes been making some u turns. If she aint the one ditch her and let her go.

No comments:

Post a Comment