Sunday 21 November 2010

How long does it normally take people to open up in a relationship?

I am in my 20's. Have my first boyfriend, he has opened up to me from the beginning and made his feeling known. The thing is that I am finding it hard to open up..... We have been together for almost 2 months.



He has been asking me what i see in the future, if i see us getting married. Or where i see the relationship going. At the beginning i was freaking out about everything as it was all new to me. Now i am just comfortable.



How can i be more open with him, just don't know what to say sometimes. At the beginning i felt like i was dreaming, as i thought good guys like him do not exist anymore, still can't believe that i found someone with his qualities.



The song by Eric Benet kind of explains how i feel:

By chance

Somethin happens every time I get a chance

I feel the rhythm but I just don't know the dance

I want to move with you but something holds me back

Holds me back, yeahHow long does it normally take people to open up in a relationship?
Are you holding yourself back? Are you hiding something from him?



Being more open with him is about being honest. Especially if he has been honest with you (and it sounds like he has).



Talk and share things with him. A mutual trust between you will lead to more openness.How long does it normally take people to open up in a relationship?
The feeling he has for you is as a result of infatuation and not real love. There is no time limit in opening up to the other person. It only happens after you have known each other well and built trust and understanding
When you feel comfortable with a person then you begin to feel that you can tell him things. It takes awhile, but start spending more time together, you will notice a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment