Friday 19 November 2010

Would you consider me a freak? {please answer honestly}?

It seems that everyone does. Ok, let me start off with a little background. I went deaf during my sophomore year of high school (im a junior now) due to an accident. I was diagnosed as profoundly deaf in both ears; however, I am now implanted with a cochlear implant that ';allows'; me to hear as well as a normal person.





These days, though, I haven't been able to hear clearly. For the past 3 weeks or so, I would/am facing constant humiliation with whatever friends I have left (nobody knows, but they are probably assuming I am an idiot or that I am deaf..). People call my names like 4 or 5 times...I only respond on the 5th time because thats when I hear them...its getting frustrating to the point where they laugh at me and then proceed to ask me for my homework. WHICH i give because i guess thats the only way i can get ';respect';...being known as the guy who gives his homework to people so that they can get As and I can get a B in the class......arghghghdjkg





I might be overexaggerating a little bit, but seriously though, I hate my life. College is coming up..its gonna be even tougher there. Seriously, I'm crying right now. I mean, I was somewhat popular before this happened..girls used to ask me out and people always talked to me and hung out,etc. Now, I only have limited friends, and those who are my friends are getting annoyed with me because I'm not responding to their questions..girls think im stupid (i think) and ugly..people think im antisocial...which im not....





Even my neighbors are calling me a 'freak'/antisocial. Like their daughters/sons are out having a great time and literally screwing/making out with their bf/gfs. Their parents are proud of them and then always hint at how I don't do these things and then proceed to say ';oh its ok, its ok to be the silent/antisocial type. Oh look at my daughter, she is currently f*cking her bf, I'm so proud'; God srsly...shud I do that to change their opinions of me (even though I can't.....)?





I thought high school was supposed to be fun. It has been eternally ruined for me..I don't go to dances and my prom is coming up. Guess whos staying home? Me. And even if I go, I doubt I would hear anything so that would be a waste of 100 bucks and plus do I go by myself? People usually go with limos but you need to have friends for that....





Anyway, I'm sick and tired of this life. I know other people have it worse out there but I'm done with this ****. Sorry for such a long post...Would you consider me a freak? {please answer honestly}?
Buddy, you're not a freak, everyone you live around is an asshole for being so insensitive, and they all deserve to go deaf. The problem with life though, is that becoming an adult or a parent doesn't make you responsible, or kind. The way you are in high school and college is the way you will be for the rest of your life, but most people act more socially acceptable around minors once they are middle aged.





Best of luck, and here's a tip.... MOVE AWAY FROM THAT NEIGHBORHOOD!Would you consider me a freak? {please answer honestly}?
Have you had your implants checked? You should see the doc who done that and see if theres a reason causing the deafness now.
First of all you should change your screen name. You are NOT a freak. It takes guts and would be hard to do, but I would walk up to your 'friends' next time they're teasing you and say look guys this is what happened, so I can't hear as well as I used to be able to ,I didn't choose for this to happen, I'm the same guy I was before.





My neighbour who is an adult was born deaf and has cochlear implants, so I how people look at him and tease him. Its because he's different and that makes people nervous, they don't know how to act towards him. That doesn't make him a freak it just makes him different.


And this man has an amazing life now, he has a desk job, has been married for 6 years and has a 19 month old daughter.





People are jerks. I know its easier said then done, but p*ss on those jerks and only let the good people in.
oh my god. I feel so sorry for you right now. I can't believe people would do stuff like that to someone like you. You're the coolest person to me even though i don't know you. I don't care what you look like or anything. You should never change for anyone and remember that God loves you and you should always know that. Don't be sick of you life. You are the coolest person to me. NO you're not a freak.
Do what ';H M'; said. There may be something wrong? It's like you say, ';These days, though, I haven't been able to hear clearly.'; %26lt;- HINT HINT!!





Define Freak. Certainly not you my dear. High school was hell for me. I don't know why you give those idiots your homework. If they really ';respect'; you, they wouldn't be taking advantage of you AND be talking smack behind your back. STOP GIVING THEM YOUR HW. ';I'm sorry I am not finished/I can't find it/I didn't understand the hw.';





Popularity isn't important!! It's not going to help you throughout your years of high school. Ignore your neighbors. They can sometimes gets on people's nerves. (currently having an issue with them D:%26lt; )


Why be someone you're not? No one likes a fake. ';[...]you can never please people and everybody says something behind your back. So, always do as you please.'; (- Hodja; you should read his stories. :D love 'em. )





So what did you think? That HS was going to be all fun %26amp; games? haha I'm a freshman at a college %26amp; I love it!! It's a different atmosphere %26amp; you associate with different people. You'll meet more people who are in your situation. :] Your not the only one who goes through and has a hard time. :P Keep you head up %26amp; don't let them get to you.





The ';friends'; you have aren't patient with you. Ask them to tap your shoulder to get your attention. Talk to them %26amp; if they don't change...screw them! %26amp; move on. :]





You should see a doctor!!!!!! ITS A MUST!! GL my dear.
I know exactly what you are saying,I have the same problem,I hear the voices ,can't understand what they are saying,mine was caused by the sirens on our fire engines.I am considerably older than you,but I feel your pain.It is best to use your stumbling blocks as stepping stones and go on with your life I did ,and I wish you all the best.I'm a retired firefighter an living a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment