Sunday 21 November 2010

Maybe I'm Making a Big Deal Out Of Nothing?

Okay, so I am on POF, This guy started talking to me before summer on their, and I assume he had the intentions of meeting me, I on the other hand didnt have those intentions. I am not able to meet people off the internet usually. So I was at an afterhours one night, dancing away, and this guy taps me on the shoulder, it was him. He reconized me, said hi, I was awkward, and continued dancing and didnt know what to say.

We talked again like a month later, and then only like 2 months ago started texting back and forth, and he had been asking to take me out. I eventually went out with him 4 weeks ago. Since then were basicly together atleast 4 nights a week, we slept together after exactly a week of the first ';date';. I am not the type to sleep with someone so quickly(my other two ive slept with were 6 months before sex) Now before I even actually hung out with him, he hadnt been on POF since around when he came up to me at the party. So I figured okay whatever. After our second time hooking up I text him saying ';This is just for fun right?'; and his responce was ';I dont know about you but I am having fun, Im not looking for a girlfriend, but I enjoy what we have.'; I felt relieved and responded ';Okay good cause I dont do the bf/gf thing';



A couple weeks have passed though and ever since that brief text convo, it seems more and more like a relationship, texts all day everyday, good night and good morning texts, together atleast 4 days a week. (Im the girl who makes fun of my friends for hanging out with a guy more then once a week) When were out it is like were a couple.. kissing, hand holding, buy eachother lunch/dinner/drinks whatever.



So latley ive been at the point of bringing it up to him, but I dont want it to cause conflict. I kind of like how it is now, even if it is relationshippy, I liek how there is no tittle of that. I think though, maybe weve got way too comfortable way too fast.



He has just decided to move back to Vic to save some money, and is going to move in 2 weeks. He wants me to go there atleast one weekend a month, and he plans to come out here atleast one weekend a month ( its nothing new for him as he goes there one or 2 weekends a month cause all his family are there) Now, once again, seems kinda relationshippy to me to travel hours to see someone like that that youre not in a relationship with.



Anywho, today I log onto POF, look at my friends list, and beside his it now says looking for intimate encounter. Basicly I am expecting a conversation like this to come up...



Me: You know those condoms you use? Theyre natural right?

Him: Yeah Why?

Me: Well did you know they dont protect against STDs? And I would like to be protected against them if youre looking for randoms online to have intimate incounters with?





I totally understand I cant freak out as Im not his girlfriend, and have made it clear I didnt want to be. But I feel I have a right to say something as I am sleeping with him, right?



I think it would be different if it was more like we go to eachothers houses have quickies and leave. We spend full days together, cuddle for hours after sex(SO not like me), tell eachother really personal things, I dont know just literally act like were a couple when were not, in almost every shape and form.



I dont want to sound controling or anything by being thrown off by that, but I kind of am, as I dont feel this is quite just a ';getting booty sitch'; and thats it.



I also dont want to come off though as I am looking for a relationship with him. Though I assume the responses I'll get is to just end contact with him if hes looking for other booty.



Is it wrong of me to start up a conversation like i stated above, and am I thinking wrong about this whole situation then how I should be looking at it?Maybe I'm Making a Big Deal Out Of Nothing?
If you had had the conversation with him about not wanting a relationship, I'd say he was trying to send a message that he didn't care, but since you did not, it makes me wonder if he's just a pig. He seems to not be, by what you have said, but that's a really insenstive and rude thing to say when you are obviously in some sort of relationship with someone, on his list no less! Not sure what POF is but I'm assuming it's like facebook? See this as your ticket out of the relationship you did not want anyway!Maybe I'm Making a Big Deal Out Of Nothing?
hmm that is hard to answer, but i think you should tell him if he plans on trying to find some one for a booty call then you need to get a different kind of condom to use, you need to protect YOUR self
If it feels like a relationship then it is whether it has the actual title or not. But by avoiding that you are allowing him to have his cake and eat it too. That sounds like a good way to start the convo to get the ball rolling without sounding like youre attacking him. After you get an answer from him maybe youll get a better understanding of what he wants and most of important, what you want. Whats so bad about being in a relationship if you get along? Another thought is , if he knows you dont want the bf/gf title maybe he does and he doesnt know how to approach you bout it. So maybe thats why he posted that, knowing you would see it and say something to him. You definately need to talk to him bout it though. You did say that you are able to talk to him bout personal things so why should this be any different? Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment